Terrible Night’s Sleep?
Sadly it happens to all of us. For whatever reason, you didn’t sleep well last night.
This happened to me not long ago.
I found myself at the airport having hardly slept at all. I was on a trip and REALLY needed to sleep well. But no. Hardly a wink. The air conditioning was out in my hotel room and they were booked solid so I couldn’t just switch to another room. The nearest hotel was several miles away and it was already 2:00am when I realized what the issue was. Ugh.
What to do?
Because I travel a lot, I’ve developed a few ways to make it through this situation with as little disruption to my day as possible. I can even function at a pretty normal level! In this short video I share with you my tips for getting through the day when I haven’t had any sleep to speak of.
Jenn’s list of things to do when you haven’t had any sleep:
- Wear your glasses! Your eyes will thank you for it!
- Get a nourishing breakfast – this is not the day for a sugary danish. Nope. Eat something real!
- Go ahead and have a creature comfort – for me it’s a yummy latte!
- Create time in your day for a Yoga Nidra meditation – enjoy the equivalent of an hour’s sleep for every 15 minutes of Nidra!
- Here’s a link to my favorite meditation app these days
It’s certainly a drag when this happens, but it doesn’t have to ruin your day! Enjoy these simple tips to help you make it through the day when you’ve had your sleep hijacked.
I’d love to hear from you! What are some things you have discovered that help you navigate the day after a night of poor sleep? Please share your tips and tricks in the comments below!